Gardena Workers’ Compensation Attorney
You could sustain a life-changing injury at work whether you have been on the job for 25 minutes or 25 years. Unsafe premises, a negligent employer and careless coworkers could all increase the odds of an accident happening on the job. In California, you do not need proof of someone else’s fault to receive financial compensation for your losses. California’s no-fault workers’ compensation system could give you benefits without proof of negligence.
Before you settle for workers’ comp and give up the right to bring a lawsuit against your employer, however, contact a qualified Gardena workers’ compensation attorney at Rose, Klein & Marias LLP. If your work-related injury or illness happened due to someone else’s negligence, recklessness or intent to harm, a personal injury suit in California could end in greater compensation for your losses. Our lawyers can assist you with a workers’ comp claim and/or a civil lawsuit in Los Angeles County. Call (866) 679-7512 for your free consultation.
Why Choose Rose, Klein & Marias LLP for Your Workers’ Comp Claim?
- We can quickly and efficiently assess potential claims. Our lawyers have the talent, skill, and experience to quickly review an accident and list the client’s legal options moving forward. We perform this task for free in Gardena.
- We can fight for maximum recovery. We do not settle for less than we believe our clients can receive. If that means taking a work injury case to court, our lawyers are prepared to go to trial in pursuit of optimal results.
- We charge nothing upfront. After a workplace accident, you do not need to worry about the costs of hiring a lawyer. Rose, Klein & Marias LLP works on a contingency fee basis, only charging clients for Gardena workers’ compensation claims if we win.
How Can a Gardena Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Help?
If a work-related accident gave you a serious, debilitating, or painful injury, that is where you should focus your attention. Work on getting the medical care you need and moving forward from your occupational illness or injury while a professional takes care of the claims process for you. Hiring a lawyer gives you the mental freedom to concentrate on healing while a trusted professional fights for maximum financial compensation on your behalf. No insurance company will take advantage of you when a lawyer is advocating for your rights and interests.
A workers’ compensation attorney can investigate your work accident, obtain evidence of fault (if applicable) and help you bring a claim. From meeting filing requirements to negotiating a better compensatory award on your behalf, a lawyer can take care of many aspects of your case. Most importantly, a skilled Gardena workers’ compensation attorney can ensure you end up with the highest possible settlement or jury verdict from the defendant – whether you qualify for a workers’ compensation claim, a personal injury lawsuit, or both.
Types of Workers’ Compensation Benefits Available
California’s workers’ compensation system offers specific benefits to injured workers without forcing them to prove fault first. It is a no-fault system that guarantees financial benefits for most employees regardless of whether or not someone else caused the accident in question. Workers’ compensation safeguards California’s employees by reimbursing them for medical care and other expenses after an accident happens while on the job. If you qualify for workers’ compensation, your settlement could include many benefits:
- Health care costs. Your past and future medical expenses connected to the incident, including any prescription medications or surgeries you may need.
- Temporary total disability. Payment for an injury that prevents you from working at all, but not forever.
- Temporary partial disability. Payment for an injury that allows you to work in a limited capacity, from which you will eventually recover.
- Permanent total disability. Reimbursement for an injury that takes away your ability to work entirely for the foreseeable future.
- Permanent partial disability. Coverage for an injury that forces you out of work completely, but only for a limited time.
- Death benefits. The expenses related to a loved one’s death, including burial expenses, lost wages and loss of consortium.
Disability benefits could pay you for two-thirds of your lost wages while you are away from work, as well as for money you will need to obtain a new job, if necessary. If you have a severe disability, you could also receive life pension payments – a small weekly payment you could get for the rest of your life – on top of permanent disability benefits. The amount you receive, and length of time you receive it, depends on your case. Speak to the Gardena workers’ compensation attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias LLP to discuss how much your workers’ comp claim could be worth. The answer can depend on many different factors unique to your case.
Compensation for Workplace Accidents in California
A workers’ compensation claim is not the same as a civil lawsuit in California. It is easier to obtain an award through workers’ compensation since you do not have to prove fault. However, the final amount awarded may be smaller than what you could receive through a civil lawsuit. A civil lawsuit requires that you (or your lawyer) demonstrate using evidence that the defendant owed you a duty of care, breached this duty and caused your workplace accident. If you can establish these elements, you could receive compensation for several damages.
- Past and future medical bills
- 100% of lost wages (outstanding and foreseeable)
- Pain and suffering
- Disability costs
- Lost quality of life
- Legal expenses
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
It is important to consult with a Gardena workers’ compensation lawyer before deciding which legal route is best for you. Once you accept a workers’ compensation settlement check in California, you cannot turn around and bring an injury suit against your employer. You may, however, still bring a civil lawsuit against an at-fault party who is not your employer, such as a contractor or product manufacturer. A discussion with a lawyer can help you determine which type of claim to file in terms of which will garner the best results possible.
Speak With a Workers’ Comp Attorney in Gardena, CA Today
At Rose, Klein & Marias LLP, we can help injured workers throughout California after injuries such as broken bones, head and brain trauma, spinal cord injuries, internal organ damage, lost limbs, permanent disabilities, muscle strains, burns, electrocutions, and catastrophic injuries. We can also help families with wrongful death workers’ compensation claims. Our attorneys offer free comprehensive reviews of potential cases at our local law firm in Gardena. We are happy to make hospital or home visits for clients who cannot come to us due to their injuries. Request a free initial consultation at (866) 679-7512 or contact us online to discuss a claim in more detail with a Gardena workers’ compensation attorney today.