Los Angeles Highway Construction Accident Lawyer
As a resident of Los Angeles, the highway construction projects can seem never-ending. The city often has dozens of major highway improvement projects underway simultaneously, making for a difficult time getting from A to B. Whether you are a automobile driver, motorcycle rider, pedestrian, or construction worker, highway construction projects in LA can prove dangerous.
If you suffered injuries or a loved one died in a Los Angeles highway construction accident, please contact the attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias LLP for a free case consultation. A construction company, the city or another party could owe you financial compensation.
Why Injured Accident Victims Trust Us
- We work hard. Our lawyers do what they do out of a genuine passion for helping others and achieving the best possible results. We have recovered over $5 billion for past clients.
- We have a history of success in Southern California. Over the past 80 years, our firm has helped thousands of individuals and families get back on their feet.
- We only charge attorney’s fees on successful cases. If we do not succeed in securing you a compensatory award, we will not charge anything for the services already rendered.
As a Construction Worker
If you were at a job site at the time of your serious injury, you could have two different outlets for financial recovery depending on the situation. The first is the California workers’ compensation program. A workers’ compensation claim may be available as long as you were on duty at the time. You may also be eligible for an award through the civil justice system if someone else’s negligence caused your highway construction accident.
If a third party such as a motor vehicle driver caused your injuries, you could recover compensation through both workers’ comp and a personal injury lawsuit. If your employer caused the accident, however, you cannot receive both types of recovery. You must choose between workers’ compensation and a personal injury lawsuit. An attorney from Rose, Klein & Marias LLP can help you decide which avenue is right for you after a highway construction accident at work.
As a Driver or Pedestrian
If you were a driver or pedestrian injured in a highway construction accident while in Los Angeles, you may also have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. California’s personal injury laws give accident victims the ability to seek financial damages from at-fault parties on the grounds of negligence, premises liability, product liability, and other legal doctrines. You or your attorney will need to identify the at-fault party to begin your pedestrian accident claim.
- A construction company. Construction companies are in charge of overseeing their sites and ensuring the safety of workers and bystanders. A negligent company or site manager could cause hazards and related accidents.
- The City of Los Angeles. The city presides over all construction projects on public highways. The city could be vicariously liable for an accident if it or one of its employees – including hired contractors – caused the accident.
- A driver. If another driver caused your construction accident, he or she could be liable for your losses. A driver may cause an accident by speeding, texting, driving drunk or engaging in other dangerous practices in a construction zone.
The most common causes of highway construction accidents are distracted drivers, speeding, equipment left in the road, confusing detours, distracting lights and dangerous roadway defects such as uneven shoulders. At Rose, Klein & Marias LLP, we have experience investigating construction site accidents to determine the underlying cause. We can help you identify the correct defendant(s) for your injury claim.
Contact an LA Highway Construction Accident Attorney
Highway construction in Los Angeles can be deadly without proper safety regulations and protocols. Our lawyers wish to change the way construction companies handle their sites and insurers respond to insurance claims. With the assistance of our Los Angeles and Ventura car accident attorney, you may be able to hold someone accountable for the damages you recently suffered. Contact us today to start with a cost-free case review at our local office.