Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
At the law firm of Rose, Klein & Marias LLP, our Los Angeles car accident lawyers handle personal injury and wrongful death cases for people in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California. Since our establishment in 1936, we have built a record for success, recovering millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Our commitment has been, and always will be, to meet the needs of our clients by striving for the best possible outcome in their case.
Our auto accident attorneys have focused solely on the needs of people like you. They have been acknowledged in many ways and are members and leaders of statewide and national organizations. Lawyers from our firm are included among the best lawyers in Southern California, and year after year, our attorneys are selected for inclusion in the Southern California Super Lawyers list.
In addition to personal injury and wrongful death attorneys, our team also includes workers’ compensation lawyers in Los Angeles. As a result, we are uniquely prepared to address the needs of people injured in car accidents while on the job.
Los Angeles Car Accident Resources
- Why Choose Rose, Klein & Marias LLP for Your Auto Accident Claim?
- Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- California Auto Accident Laws
- What to Do After a Hit-And-Run
- How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
- Contact a Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer Today
Why Hire Rose, Klein & Marias LLP for Your Car Accident Claim?
- Our firm has recovered over $5 billion in verdicts and settlements for clients throughout its history.
- Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys will do their absolute best to obtain you the maximum compensation for your needs and losses.
- Our firm believes in the power of personalized attention, high-quality legal resources, and aggressive litigation.
- Our law firm knows how to negotiate and litigate all types of motor vehicle accidents, from pedestrian collisions to fatal commercial trucking crashes.
- Our firm aims to help car accident survivors in every way possible – including by offering our services on a contingency fee basis.
We Care About Our Clients
Our drive to succeed in your case is coupled with a commitment to personal attention. You will find that we are attentive to your needs. We are ready to listen to your concerns and make certain all of your questions are addressed. We will do everything we can to make certain you know that you are not alone in this.
Additionally, we make meeting with us convenient for you. We have 10 fully staffed offices throughout Southern California, including offices in Los Angeles and San Diego. We also represent clients in California’s Central Valley, including in Bakersfield, Fresno and the Visalia-Porterville area. We want to meet your needs no matter where your car crash occurred.
How Can a Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney Help?
If you were seriously injured, or if a loved one died in a car wreck, the last thing you want to worry about is fighting with the insurance company over fair compensation. It can be tempting to accept the first offer the insurance company presents just to get it over with. Unfortunately, that offer is often far below the amount of compensation you will need to cover medical expenses, ongoing medical care, lost wages, and other costs.
Let a qualified Los Angeles personal injury attorney from Rose, Klein & Marias LLP help you recover the full financial damages you deserve. No matter what type of auto accident your case involves, you can trust us to fight for your best interests. We will take care of your legal needs, so you can focus on your recovery and taking care of your family.
We can take on motor vehicle cases involving:
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- SUV rollover
- Car accident victims of drunk drivers
- Motor vehicles colliding with bicyclists, pedestrians, or skateboarders
- Accidents caused by poor road design
- Accidents caused by highway construction negligence
In the unfortunate event you are in an accident, we provide information about what to do after a car accident. We want to help clients through the process of recovering from a car accident physically, mentally and financially, starting from the very beginning. In the aftermath of a serious crash, trust a dedicated Los Angeles car accident lawyer to help you through the next steps. We offer free initial consultations so you can get the answers you need at no cost, risk, or obligation.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Our car accident lawyers in Los Angeles focus heavily on car accident law due to the frequency and severity of these accidents. In the County of Los Angeles in 2021, the most recent year data is available, there were 40,669 fatal and injury accidents. Car accidents commonly inflict serious, catastrophic and life-altering injuries on victims living in LA. We understand how these injuries impact people and how to best help them fight for appropriate compensation awards. We can help clients with all types of personal injuries during car accident claims.
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Permanent disabilities
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Bone fractures
- Major lacerations
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Fatal injuries
- Wrongful death
We also help clients fight for compensation for nonphysical injuries. California law allows plaintiffs to demand compensation for their emotional, mental and psychological suffering as well as their physical pain and economic losses. Our firm may be able to help you seek a fair amount for your pain and suffering, emotional damages, anguish, grief, distress, and post-traumatic stress disorder after a bad auto accident.
California Car Accident Laws
California has complex car accident laws that are important to understand as a victim. Otherwise, you could accidentally make a mistake that leads to less compensation for your damages – or no compensation at all. After a serious crash in Los Angeles, contact an experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer as soon as you can for information about your specific accident. We can make it easy to navigate the laws pertaining to your case.
- Statute of limitations. One of the key laws to know is your statute of limitations, or deadline for filing a claim. In California, all crash victims have two years from the date of their car accidents to file injury claims and three years for property-damage only claims. The courts generally do not give exceptions to this rule. The clock may not start ticking until the date of discovery if this is after the date of the collision.
- Fault-based car insurance. California follows fault-based car insurance laws. All drivers must carry adequate vehicle insurance: bodily injury coverage ($15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident) and property damage liability ($5,000). After an accident, injured parties will file claims with the at-fault party’s insurance provider for damage recovery. Injured victims may also have the right to bring lawsuits instead of insurance claims, depending on the situation.
- Liability laws. The State of California does not bar a victim from financial recovery for partially causing an auto accident. Instead, the rules of pure comparative negligence will reduce the victim’s recovery award by his or her percentage of fault. Even if the victim was 99% responsible for causing the wreck, he or she could still recover 1% of a compensation award. An attorney from our firm can help you stand up for yourself against a comparative negligence defense.
One of the reasons clients hire Rose, Klein & Marias LLP is for our deep and working knowledge of California’s car accident laws. We stay updated on the latest changes in the law – and we also push for positive changes through our litigation. We are often at the forefront of the laws in California; we were the state’s first firm to file an asbestos lawsuit against product manufacturers, for example. Our mission is not just to help victims recover, but to make a positive impact on car accident laws in general through our legal representation.
Can You Recover After a Hit-and-Run?
A hit-and-run accident is one in which the at-fault party does not stick around to fulfill his or her legal duties of care, including taking financial responsibility for the crash. In a hit-and-run case, you may not know how to proceed with a damage claim since you do not know the identity of the at-fault driver. California’s fault car insurance laws will not apply if the at-fault party’s identity is unknown. Luckily, your own auto insurer may offer a solution instead.
One of the first steps to take after a hit-and-run accident is to call the police. The police can investigate the crash site and may be able to track down the at-fault driver. In this case, you can proceed with your crash claim like any other car accident case, bringing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer. If the police cannot identify the driver, however, you will seek financial recompense through your auto insurer instead. Call your insurance agent to report the crash as soon as possible. Your agent will let you know whether you have uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance to cover your damages.
In California, it is not mandatory to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance. To reject this coverage, however, you have to manually do so when purchasing your policy. If you do have this insurance, your insurer will pay for your property damage repairs and medical bills. Comprehensive and collision insurance may also pay for your hit-and-run accident damages. A Los Angeles auto accident attorney from our firm can help you negotiate with your insurance provider for a fair and reasonable recovery award after a serious hit-and-run car accident.
The other means of obtaining financial recovery after a hit-and-run auto accident is holding someone other than the driver accountable for your damages. A lawyer can tell you whether another party may have contributed to your crash, such as a company for its hired driver, the City of Los Angeles for a dangerous roadway or a vehicle manufacturer for a defective auto part. One of our attorneys can analyze your hit-and-run crash and inform you of all available outlets for financial compensation.
Compensation for Car Accident Victims in California
If you can file a claim for damages, we will help you understand what types and amounts to list in your initial demand letter against the at-fault party. Every car accident case is unique, with different damages and losses survivors suffer. Seeking an appropriate amount can increase the odds of securing a successful insurance settlement. A Los Angeles auto accident lawyer from Rose, Klein & Marias LLP can review your case and calculate a fair amount to claim. Then, we can help you fight to obtain this amount or greater from an insurance company or another defendant in LA County.
- Existing medical debts
- Future hospital bills and health care expenses
- Temporary or permanent disability accommodations
- Past and future lost wages
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
If you suffered catastrophic injuries or a loved one died in a car accident in Los Angeles, your case could be worth a significant amount. Do not let an insurance company convince you to settle for less than the true potential value of your case. Retain an attorney from our firm to help you fight for the recovery you need to move forward in comfort and confidence. We can estimate the reasonable value of your case during a free initial consultation at one of our local Southern California law firms.
Free Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
At Rose, Klein & Marias LLP, we want to help car accident survivors and the loved ones of those who lost their lives in vehicle collisions through the injury claims process in Los Angeles. We handle all auto accident cases on a contingency basis. You are only charged a fee if we are successful in getting you compensation.
You may have grounds to bring a claim against one or more parties for your recent automobile accident contact our Los Angeles car accident attorneys today to set up a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced lawyer.
Client Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This process could’ve been more challenging but working with you and your associate made it less difficult. Thanks for your time, professionalism and care.
– Ellis G.