Ventura Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are unfortunately common on Ventura roads. Many people suffer injuries in these collisions every year, resulting in extensive medical needs, financial hardship, and long-term complications.
If you are injured in a car accident and believe that another driver is responsible, you deserve justice. In these situations, trust the Ventura car accident attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP to fight for your right to compensation.
Why Choose Us for Your Car Accident Claim
- Our lawyers have represented people in all types of injury claims, including car accident cases. We will aggressively advocate for your rights in the courtroom and at the negotiating table.
- Our firm has secured over $5 billion on behalf of our clients. We will focus our energy on achieving the highest possible settlement in your case.
- Our attorneys are consistently recognized as being at the top of the legal field. We have received numerous awards, as well as membership in prestigious legal organizations.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur due to several factors. In some cases, vehicle components break down and malfunction due to product defects. Poor weather like rain, snow, and sleet can make the roads dangerous and slippery. Government agencies can fail to maintain safe road conditions, heightening the risk of a collision.
However, many Ventura car accidents occur due to the negligence of other drivers. The following examples of negligence can lead to serious collisions.
- Running a red light
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
California’s Car Insurance Laws
Like most states, California follows a fault-based system when it comes to car accidents. If you are injured by a negligent driver, you have the right to pursue a claim against him or her and recover compensation for the losses that you experienced in the accident. To uphold this responsibility, state law requires all motorists to carry liability insurance to pay for victims’ damages in the event of a collision.
As a victim of a car accident, you can pursue one of three types of claims.
- You can file a claim under the at-fault driver’s insurance policy.
- You can file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver in civil court.
- You can file a claim under your own insurance if you have the appropriate coverage.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Ventura, CA
The moments after a car accident can be scary and overwhelming. In these situations, it is important to protect yourself, preserve evidence, and seek the help that you need.
- Call 911 and report the accident to the police.
- Seek medical attention, even if you do not feel injured. Save all of your medical records.
- If you can, take as many pictures and videos of the accident scene as possible.
- Exchange contact information from any witnesses who saw the accident.
- Briefly speak with the at-fault driver and exchange contact, license, and insurance details.
After you receive medical attention, the at-fault party’s insurance company may contact you and ask for a statement. Do not speak with the company. Instead, contact a car accident lawyer to discuss your case.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
Negligent drivers should be held accountable. If you are injured in a car accident, the lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias can fight for your right to maximum compensation. Contact us today to schedule your free case consultation and discuss your legal options with a Ventura car accident attorney.