Los Angeles DoorDash Delivery Vehicle Accident Lawyer
If you get into a car accident involving a DoorDash delivery vehicle in Los Angeles, you may need a lawyer to help you protect your rights. DoorDash and other delivery companies, such as Postmates and Uber Eats, can make it difficult for auto accident victims to collect the financial compensation they deserve for their injuries and bills.
A Los Angeles DoorDash delivery accident attorney from Rose, Klein & Marias LLP can guide you through the legal process to ensure you are treated fairly. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case consultation.
Why Choose Rose, Klein & Marias LLP?
- We are a team of highly knowledgeable accident attorneys in Los Angeles. Our law firm has served the injured in California since 1936.
- Our attorneys have recovered over $5 billion in settlements and jury verdicts for clients. This includes multiple seven-figure settlements won for auto accident victims.
- We accept all DoorDash delivery vehicle and other motor vehicle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will only owe us attorney’s fees if you win your case.
How Can a Los Angeles DoorDash Accident Attorney Help You?
A DoorDash delivery vehicle accident case is more complicated than a regular car accident. Rather than only having another driver and insurance company to contend with, you will have to file a claim with DoorDash, Inc. Companies such as DoorDash and Postmates have uncompromising legal teams and large insurance corporations to protect them from liability (financial and legal responsibility) for car accidents involving their drivers.
A car accident attorney in Los Angeles can help you navigate the complexities of a DoorDash accident case. Your lawyer can fight for you to recover maximum financial compensation for your injuries and related harm using aggressive negotiation strategies. You can trust an attorney to take over settlement negotiations with an insurance company for you and – if necessary – bring your case to court. Meanwhile, you can focus on healing rather than confusing legal processes.
What to Do After a DoorDash Delivery Vehicle Accident in Los Angeles
With tight delivery schedules, distracting apps and long work hours, it is only a matter of time before a DoorDash driver gets involved in a car accident in Los Angeles. If you get hit by a DoorDash driver as a motorist, bicyclist or pedestrian, take these steps to protect yourself:
- Get to a safe location and check yourself for injuries. Then, ask if anyone else involved in the car accident has been injured.
- Get medical care immediately, either by requesting an ambulance or going to the closest hospital. Keep in mind that even if you do not feel injured, your adrenaline could be masking pain.
- Call 911 from the scene to report the DoorDash accident. Even if the collision appears minor, you need a police report for insurance purposes.
- Exchange information with the DoorDash delivery driver, including names, a vehicle description and insurance information. Do not admit fault for the crash.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident before you leave. Capture close-up images of the damage to both vehicles and wider shots of the crash scene.
If you suffer injuries or serious property damage in a DoorDash accident, consult with an attorney before beginning the insurance process. You may need a lawyer to represent you during your claim to achieve fair results – especially if you have injuries that require ongoing care or future treatments.
Who Pays for a DoorDash Accident in California?
Liability for a DoorDash delivery vehicle collision is complicated. You may have the right to seek compensation from the individual delivery driver’s insurance policy, DoorDash’s company policy, a third party or a combination of parties, depending on the circumstances.
While every case is unique, a few basic rules to know are:
- California is a fault-based insurance state. In California, an injured crash victim has the right to sue the at-fault driver or party for causing a car accident. It is up to the injured victim to prove that the other party is at fault.
- DoorDash is liable for accidents involving on-duty drivers. If the driver was logged into the DoorDash app, had a food delivery in the vehicle or was actively on-duty working for the company, DoorDash’s insurance company can be held liable.
- The DoorDash driver’s auto insurance policy will be exhausted first. All drivers in California are required to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance. DoorDash will typically exhaust the delivery driver’s personal policy before offering supplemental coverage.
Common causes of DoorDash accidents are a delivery driver speeding or rushing deliveries, driving while distracted,and driving while fatigued from long shifts. If an on-duty DoorDash driver caused your crash, you can most likely pursue compensation from DoorDash.
Common Injuries Suffered in DoorDash Delivery Vehicle Accidents
Car accidents involving DoorDash vehicles in Los Angeles can lead to serious, debilitating and catastrophic injuries.These are injuries that will impact the victim for the foreseeable future, such as spinal injuries that result in permanent paralysis.
At Rose, Klein & Marias LLP, we can help accident victims with any type of injury from a DoorDash vehicle collision, including:
- Airbag or seat belt injuries
- Back, neck and spinal cord injuries
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Broken ribs
- Burn injuries (e.g., from a car fire)
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Cuts, scrapes and lacerations
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Knee and ankle injuries
- Nerve damage or paralysis
Our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers have years of experience representing clients in serious and catastrophic car accident claims. We know how to get the results victims need to pay for necessary medical care, repair their vehicles and move forward from these traumatic events.
How Long Do You Have to File a Claim?
The deadline for filing a car accident claim, known as the statute of limitations, is two years in California. This time limit applies to most car accident cases, with very few exceptions. If you wait too long and miss your statute of limitations, you will most likely forfeit the right to seek compensation.
Request a Free Consultation With a Los Angeles DoorDash Delivery Vehicle Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident involving a DoorDash delivery vehicle in Los Angeles or elsewhere in Southern California, the lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias LLP can help you recover the financial compensation you need for your injuries, medical bills and other losses. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation. Call (213) 626-0571.