Ventura Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Compared to drivers, motorcyclists have few protections during an accident. As a result, these collisions often result in serious and potentially fatal injuries, including broken bones, lower extremity injuries, and spinal cord damage.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a motorcycle collision, the attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can fight for your right to justice. Our Ventura motorcycle accident lawyers will advocate for your best interests and recover the settlement that you need to recover.
Why Choose Us for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
- Since 1936, our attorneys have represented injured California residents in all types of injury claims, including motorcycle accident cases.
- We have secured over $5 billion in settlements and jury verdicts. Our attorneys are dedicated to recovering the highest possible award in your case.
- Our firm takes all cases on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure a financial settlement on your behalf, you will not be charged any legal fees.
Motorcycle Accident Causes
Many factors can contribute to a motorcycle collision. For example, motorcyclists can hit potholes or loose gravel on the road, causing them to lose control and crash. Poor weather, low visibility, and malfunctioning parts can also cause a motorcycle accident.
However, some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents are attributed to driver negligence. Motorists can ignore or disregard motorcyclists on the road, committing negligent acts that lead to a collision.
The following are common examples of driver negligence.
- Driving under the influence
- Changing lanes in an unsafe manner
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Tailgating, or following too closely
- Driving while distracted
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way
Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Ventura, CA
Under California law, you have the right to pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit against a motorist who causes an accident. To secure compensation in your claim, you will need to show that the driver’s actions were negligent and directly caused your collision.
During the insurance process, a representative will investigate the accident and speak to both parties. He or she will then determine whether you are eligible for compensation and how much you should receive. If you receive a settlement offer, you can choose to accept, negotiate, or decline it.
A motorcycle accident lawsuit follows a longer and more formal process. After a claim is filed in California civil court, you and your attorney will enter the discovery phase and exchange evidence with the other party. You may also attend negotiations in an attempt to reach a settlement before trial.
If your case does make it to the courtroom, you and your lawyer will need to prove four key facts in order to recover compensation.
- The driver owed you a duty of care.
- The driver breached his or her duty of care.
- The driver’s breach of duty caused your accident.
- You sustained damages that you can collect in your lawsuit.
The lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP have years of experience representing motorcycle accident victims in insurance claims and lawsuits. We will work closely with you to craft a compelling case and secure the compensation that you deserve.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
Motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic. If you are injured while riding, the attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a Ventura motorcycle accident lawyer and identify your optimal path to compensation.