Ventura Truck Accident Lawyers
Collisions involving a commercial truck can be catastrophic. These large, heavy-duty vehicles can weigh tens of thousands of pounds, and can easily inflict serious damage on drivers, passengers, cyclists, and other parties during a collision.
If you are injured in a truck accident, the lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can help. Our Ventura truck accident attorneys are dedicated to securing your maximum award and will advocate aggressively for your best interests.
Why Choose Us for Your Truck Accident Case
- We have represented injured people for over 80 years in all types of claims, including truck accident cases. We have the skills and experience necessary to handle your case.
- Our firm has a strong track record of successful settlements and jury verdicts. We have recovered over $5 billion on behalf of our clients.
- Our attorneys have received multiple awards and distinctions recognizing their achievements in their fields. We are highly regarded in the legal community.
Compensation Available in Truck Accident Claims
If you are involved in a collision with a commercial vehicle, you could file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the party responsible for the accident. Through your claim, you can recover compensation for the financial losses that you experienced, as well as your pain and suffering.
Examples of damages in Ventura truck accident claims include the following.
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Property damage
- Disability accommodations
- Chronic pain
- Permanent disability
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
Who Is Liable for a Ventura Truck Accident?
California is a fault state when it comes to motor vehicle collisions. Drivers have a duty to follow all traffic laws and drive safely, and they are financially responsible for any accidents that they cause. These rules extend to truck drivers and their employers, who must follow several rules and regulations for commercial drivers.
Depending on the cause of the accident, any of the following parties may be liable for a truck collision.
- Truck Drivers: Truck drivers are liable for any accidents that they cause due to their own negligence or recklessness. For example, a driver who breaks hours-of-service guidelines and falls asleep at the wheel would be liable for an accident. If a truck driver’s actions caused the collision, you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against him or her.
- Trucking Companies: Employers are liable for the actions of their employees acting within the scope of their duties. You can name a trucking company in your claim if the driver is an employee of the company. You can also file a lawsuit against a trucking company if its actions caused your accident, such as failure to inspect or maintain vehicles.
- Manufacturers: If a defective product leads to a truck accident, you can file a lawsuit against the manufacturer of that product. In some cases, you can name the retailer and distributor in your claim.
- Cargo Loading Companies: Some trucking companies hire third-party contractors to load cargo onto their vehicles. If a cargo loading company or employee uses improper cargo loading techniques and an accident occurs as a result, you can name the entity in your lawsuit.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
If you are injured in a Ventura truck accident, you deserve justice. The lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP are dedicated to achieving the highest possible settlement in your case and will work tirelessly to craft a compelling case in your favor.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with a Ventura truck accident attorney.