Ventura Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Injured pedestrians may qualify for financial compensation. Under California law, any driver who causes a pedestrian accident is liable for any damages that the victims experience. If you are struck by a motorist in Ventura, you could pursue a claim against the at-fault driver.
In these situations, you need an attorney on your side—and the Ventura pedestrian accident lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can help. Since 1936, we have fought for the rights of injured people. We will work tirelessly to secure the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose Us for Your Pedestrian Accident Case
- Our attorneys have recovered over $5 billion on behalf of our clients. We are dedicated to securing the highest possible settlement in your pedestrian accident case.
- We represent all cases on a contingency fee basis. You will not be charged any legal fees unless we secure a financial award on your behalf.
- Our attorneys have won multiple awards and are members of many prestigious legal organizations. We have the skills and experience necessary to advocate for your right to recovery.
Pedestrian Accidents Lead to Serious Injuries
Any collision between a driver and a pedestrian can lead to catastrophic, sometimes injuries. Motor vehicles are much larger and heavier than the average person. When a pedestrian is struck, severe damage can occur.
Some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries include the following.
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic brain damage
- Bruises, including road rash injuries
- Sprains, whiplash, and other soft tissue injuries
- Psychological damage, such as post-traumatic stress disorder
Legal Options for Injured Ventura Pedestrians
Motorists have a duty to follow applicable traffic laws and drive carefully around pedestrians. If you are injured by a negligent driver, you have the right to pursue a claim against him or her under California’s fault insurance laws.
California requires all motorists to carry liability insurance in the event of an accident. Drivers must purchase the following minimum amounts, but they can choose to buy higher amounts of coverage if they wish.
- $15,000 for bodily injury or death to one person in an accident
- $30,000 for bodily injury or death to more than one person in an accident
- $5,000 for property damage in an accident
As an injured pedestrian, you have the right to file an insurance claim against the at-fault motorist’s coverage. If the driver does not have enough insurance to meet your needs or the claim is unsuccessful, you could escalate your case to a personal injury lawsuit.
Do You Need a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
Navigating a pedestrian accident claim can be a challenge. These collisions can result in serious injuries, impacting your ability to focus on complex paperwork or legal proceedings. It can be difficult to calculate your settlement or understand your rights during the process.
In these situations, hiring a pedestrian accident lawyer can help. Your attorney can handle all aspects of your claim, leveraging his or her skills, resources, and knowledge to craft a strong case in your favor. Your lawyer can also guide you through each stage of the process, helping you prepare and understand what to expect next.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
Were you injured in a pedestrian accident? The lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable and secure the justice that you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a Ventura pedestrian accident lawyer and strategize your next steps.