Ontario Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
In California, drivers have a duty to drive carefully around pedestrians and yield the right of way when required by law. Unfortunately, some careless and negligent drivers fail to take pedestrian safety into account, leading to serious accidents.
If you are injured while walking in Ontario, the lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can help. Our Ontario pedestrian accident attorneys can represent your case and help you hold the at-fault driver accountable for your injuries.
Why Choose Us for Your Pedestrian Accident Case
- Our firm has represented injured clients since 1936, recovering over $5 billion in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our attorneys are considered to be at the top of their fields and have received numerous awards recognizing their successes in the legal industry.
- Our firm believes in open and honest communication. We will be available throughout your case to answer any questions and provide important updates about your claim.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can occur for any number of reasons. In many cases, driver negligence is responsible for these collisions. Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include the following.
- Distracted driving
- Intoxicated driving
- Speeding while driving
- Rolling stops at a stop sign
- Failing to stop at a red light
- Inexperienced or unlicensed drivers
- Turning left without checking for pedestrians
- Exiting an alley or driveway without checking for pedestrians
Legal Options for Injured Pedestrians in Ontario, CA
Under California law, drivers who cause accidents are financially responsible for any damages that their victims experience. If you are injured by a driver as a pedestrian, you could file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against him or her and recover compensation for medical care, property repairs, and more.
To uphold this financial obligation, California requires all drivers to carry certain amounts of liability insurance. Drivers can purchase higher amounts of insurance if they choose.
- $15,000 for injury or death to one person in an accident
- $30,000 for injury or death to more than one person in an accident
- $5,000 for property damage in an accident
Many pedestrian accident claims begin as insurance cases and escalate to a lawsuit if the claim is unsuccessful. However, there are certain cases where filing a lawsuit from the beginning would be in your best interest. Speak to an attorney at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP to identify your optimal path to compensation.
Why You Need a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian accidents can result in very severe injuries that require extensive medical care and recovery time. The financial, emotional, and physical impact of the collision can be difficult to bear. In these situations, you deserve justice—and a pedestrian accident lawyer can help.
An attorney from Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can handle all aspects of your case so that you can focus on healing, not complex litigation. We will conduct a full investigation into your collision and craft a compelling case in your favor, negotiating with defense attorneys and insurers on your behalf.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
If you are injured by a negligent driver, you may be eligible for legal action—and the Ontario pedestrian accident lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can advocate for your right to compensation. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and strategize your next steps.