Cerritos Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck drivers and trucking companies have a duty to follow multiple laws, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. Unfortunately, not all commercial truckers follow this law, leading to dangerous conditions and serious accidents on the road.
If you are involved in a Cerritos truck accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation. In these situations, trust the lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP to represent your claim and fight for your right to justice.
Why Choose Us for Your Truck Accident Claim
- Our attorneys have recovered over $5 billion on behalf of our clients. We are dedicated to securing the highest possible award in your case.
- Our firm is not afraid to take on big trucking corporations and insurance companies. We have represented injured people in complex civil litigation for over 80 years.
- We accept all cases on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure a settlement in your case, you will not be charged any legal fees.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur due to a number of factors, from low visibility to poor weather. While natural elements may contribute to some collisions, many of these incidents happen because of negligence on the part of a truck driver or a trucking company.
The following are examples of truck driver negligence.
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Making unsafe lane changes
Trucking company negligence may include the following acts.
- Hiring unlicensed or untrained drivers
- Failing to routinely inspect, maintain, or repair vehicles
- Pressuring truckers to drive more hours than allowed
- Using improper or unsafe cargo loading practices
Legal Options for Injured Truck Accident Victims in California
Truck drivers have a duty to drive safely, follow traffic laws, and adhere to relevant safety regulations. Trucking companies also have a duty to adhere to these trucking regulations. If these parties breach this duty and cause an accident, they would be liable for any damages that the victim experiences.
If you are injured due to the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, you could file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. You could also file an insurance claim if the driver or his or her employer has the appropriate coverage.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Cerritos, CA
The moments after a truck accident can feel overwhelming. However, the actions that you take in these moments will have an impact on your future case. After the accident, take the following steps to protect yourself and preserve evidence.
- Call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement.
- Seek medical attention and save your records.
- If you are able, take photographs of your injuries, vehicle damage, the area around the accident, and damage to the truck.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses who saw the accident.
- Briefly exchange information with the truck driver.
- Contact a truck accident attorney to discuss your case and plan your next steps.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
A truck accident can be a devastating and catastrophic event. If you or a loved one is injured in a collision with a commercial vehicle, the attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can fight for your right to compensation. Contact us today to discuss your legal options with a Cerritos truck accident lawyer.