Cerritos Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Injured pedestrians may be eligible for financial compensation. Under California law, all motorists can be held legally responsible for any accidents that they cause. If you are hit by a negligent or reckless driver while walking in Cerritos, you could pursue legal action against the motorist—and the attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can help.
Our Cerritos pedestrian accident lawyers have helped injured people secure compensation since 1936. We can represent your insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault motorist, fighting diligently for your maximum recovery from consultation to settlement.
Why Choose Us for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
- Our attorneys have represented Cerritos residents in many types of injury claims, including pedestrian accidents. We will leverage our skills and experience to fight for your highest possible settlement.
- Our track record of successful settlements and jury verdicts speaks for itself. Since 1936, we have recovered over $5 billion on behalf of our clients.
- Our firm believes in open and honest communication. We will work closely with you from consultation to settlement, providing you with the dedication and attention that you deserve.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians are vulnerable to serious injury on the road. Although drivers have a duty to drive carefully and follow California traffic rules, not all of them do.
Many acts of driver negligence and recklessness can cause a pedestrian accident, including the following.
- Driving over the speed limit
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving while distracted or fatigued
- Turning without checking for pedestrians
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign
- Exiting a driveway, alley, or parking lot without checking for pedestrians
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Cerritos, CA
The moments after a pedestrian accident can feel overwhelming. In these situations, it is important to remain calm and take the following steps to protect yourself and your future claim.
- Call 911 and bring law enforcement and emergency medical services to the area. If you are able, speak to the responding officer and collect his or her information so that you can access the police report later.
- Seek emergency medical care. Save all records related to your treatment and the injuries that you sustained. Always seek medical attention, even if you do not feel hurt; you may have injuries that are not yet showing symptoms.
- If you are able, document evidence at the scene by taking pictures and collecting contact details from witnesses. Briefly collect contact, insurance, and license information from the other parties involved in the accident.
After you seek medical care, representatives from the at-fault party’s insurance company may contact you. Do not speak with these parties until you contact an attorney. As soon as possible following the accident, contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP to discuss your case.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
If you are injured by a negligent driver in Cerritos, you may be eligible for financial compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit. In these situations, trust the pedestrian accident lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP to represent your case and help you secure the monetary award that you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with a Cerritos pedestrian accident attorney.