Cerritos Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Many Cerritos residents ride motorcycles both as a pastime and a primary means of transportation. Although motorcycle riding is alluring for many, motorcyclists are very vulnerable to injury while on the road.
If you are injured in a motorcycle collision, you could be eligible for legal action against the person responsible for the accident. In these situations, trust the Cerritos motorcycle accident attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP to represent your claim and fight for your right to compensation.
Why Choose Us for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
- Our attorneys have a strong track record of successful settlements and jury verdicts. We have recovered over $5 billion in compensation.
- Our firm has represented injured California motorcyclists since 1936. We have the skills, experience, and network necessary to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- We take all cases on a contingency basis. You will not pay legal fees unless we win a settlement on your behalf.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Many factors can contribute to motorcycle accidents, including low visibility, driver negligence, and poor weather. Motorcyclists are particularly susceptible to injury from road hazards, such as loose gravel or potholes.
Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include the following.
- Failure to yield
- Reckless driving
- Alcohol or drug use
- Fatigued driving
- Disregarding traffic signs
- Distractions, such as cell phones
- Defective or dangerous vehicle components
How to Prove a California Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident and believe that someone else’s negligence caused your collision, you may be eligible for financial compensation. California is a fault insurance state and requires drivers to compensate any victims that they injure in a collision, including motorcyclists.
You could file an insurance claim or lawsuit against an at-fault driver if his or her actions caused your accident. In your claim, you will usually need to prove that the other party’s negligence caused your accident. You and your motorcycle accident lawyer will need to prove four key facts.
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care. All drivers have a duty to drive safely and follow traffic laws.
- The at-fault driver breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act or failure to act.
- The at-fault driver’s breach of duty caused your accident.
- You sustained damages due to the accident that you can collect in your lawsuit.
Not all motorcycle accidents involve other drivers. You could also pursue a lawsuit against the manufacturer of a defective product, or against a government agency that fails to properly maintain a road. These claims follow different rules and requirements, so it is important to consult with a lawyer from Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP as soon as possible.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
If you plan on filing a motorcycle accident case, you need an attorney on your side. Motorcyclists are often subject to unfair scrutiny and stereotyping and can face difficulties proving insurance claims or lawsuits.
The lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can advocate for your best interests, help you identify your optimal path to compensation, and work tirelessly to secure the settlement that you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation with a Cerritos motorcycle accident lawyer and strategize your next steps.