Cerritos Construction Accident Attorneys
Construction sites can be dangerous places. Without proper safety protocol and adherence to safety regulations, serious accidents can occur involving workers and passerby.
If you are injured in a construction accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation. The Cerritos construction accident lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can represent your claim and help you secure the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose Us for Your Construction Accident Claim
- Our firm has represented injured California residents for over 80 years. We have extensive legal experience in personal injury law, including construction accident claims.
- Our attorneys are dedicated to recovering the maximum possible settlement in your case. Over our years of operation, we have secured over $5 billion for our clients.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability. You will only be charged legal fees if we secure an award on your behalf.
Common Causes of Construction Injuries
Construction site accidents can happen for several reasons, from company negligence to defective and dangerous equipment. Victims of these incidents can suffer from severe injuries, such as brain damage, paralysis, and broken bones.
The following are among some of the most common causes of construction injuries.
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Being struck by objects
- Being caught in or between objects
- Defective or improperly maintained machinery
- Tripping hazards from materials, tools, or debris
- Lack of fall protection on elevated surfaces
- Lack of safety guards on power tools
Legal Options after a California Construction Accident
If you are injured on a construction site, you may be eligible to pursue legal action and recover compensation for your losses. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, you may qualify for one of the following types of claims.
- Workers’ Compensation Claim: If you were an employee of the construction site, you may be eligible for a workers’ compensation claim. You can pursue this type of claim if you suffer an injury while performing your job duties, regardless of fault or negligence. Under California law, all employers must provide this insurance coverage to their employees. Keep in mind that you will be unable to file a lawsuit against your employer if you file a workers’ compensation claim.
- Personal Injury Lawsuit as a Private Citizen: If you were not an employee of the construction site and are injured due to someone else’s negligent actions, you could file a personal injury lawsuit in California civil court. Liable parties may include the construction company, contractors, employees, machinery manufacturers, and drivers of company vehicles.
- Personal Injury Lawsuit as an Employee: If you were an employee of the construction site and believe that negligence caused your accident, you could pursue a personal injury lawsuit in civil court. For example, you could file a lawsuit against the manufacturer of a defective machine, or a third-party subcontractor who injured you on the job. In limited cases, you could file a lawsuit against your employer.
Navigating a construction accident claim can be complex. The attorneys at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can evaluate your case and identify your optimal path to compensation. We can conduct a full investigation into the accident and help you identify the liable party or parties.
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
Are you the victim of a Cerritos construction accident? In these situations, you need an attorney from Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP on your side. Contact us today to discuss your legal options with a Cerritos construction accident lawyer.