Cerritos Permanent Disability Attorneys
Cerritos residents who become permanently disabled at work or due to another party’s negligence may be eligible for financial compensation. By filing a claim, you can recover damages for medical care, mobility equipment, home and vehicle modifications, and more.
If you develop a permanent disability on the job or due to the actions of another person, the lawyers at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can help. Our Cerritos permanent disability attorneys can represent your claim and advocate aggressively for your best interests, helping you secure the justice that you deserve.
Why Choose Us for Your Permanent Disability Claim
- Our firm has represented injured people since 1936. Over our years of operation, we have recovered over $5 billion in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our attorneys have won multiple awards and designations recognizing excellence in their fields, including numerous honors from Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Our firm understands the financial hardship that accompanies a permanent disability. We operate on a contingency fee basis; if we do not win your case, you will not pay legal fees.
Can You File a Lawsuit after a Permanent Disability?
After developing a permanent disability, you may have multiple legal pathways depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury. If you are injured while performing your job duties, for example, you could pursue a claim under your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. All employers are required to carry this coverage in California.
You could also file a lawsuit if a third-party manufacturer, subcontractor, vendor, or other individual not associated with your employer caused your workplace accident. In most cases, you cannot file a lawsuit against your employer unless your case involves certain factors, such as the following.
- Your employer does not carry workers’ compensation insurance.
- Your employer willfully assaulted you.
- Your employer sanctioned your assault by another employee.
If you were not injured on the job, you could pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. Motor vehicle drivers, property owners, medical professionals, animal owners, and many other individuals and entities may be liable for your injuries. Speak to an attorney at Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP to identify your pathway to optimal compensation.
Damages Available in California Permanent Disability Claims
A permanent disability can impact a person’s life in several ways, from necessitating thousands in medical care to impacting your ability to work or go to school. By filing a lawsuit or insurance claim, you could recover financial compensation for the damages that you suffered due to the disability.
If you are filing a workers’ compensation claim, you can recover damages for medical care, wage replacement, and long-term disability. In other types of insurance claims or personal injury lawsuits, you can recover the following types of damages.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Property damage sustained in the accident
- Disability accommodations
- Specialized treatments, such as physical therapy
- Chronic pain
- Permanent disability
- Emotional distress
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of quality of life
Contact Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP Today
If you develop a permanent disability, you may be eligible for legal action. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side—and Rose, Klein & Marias, LLP can help. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your case with a Cerritos permanent disability lawyer.